Safety Precautions to Stay Safe in the Winter
November 14, 2022/
Working in winter can be uneasy, and dangerous. Numbness, frostbite, dehydration, and hypothermia are concerns due to chilly weather. You must ensure you stay safe in the cold.
Basic Safety Precautions to Stay Safe in the Wintertime
To prevent cold stress injuries in the wintertime, check yourself head to toe.
- Are you wearing proper insulated attire?
- Are your clothes too tight or too loose?
- Are you dressed in layers? Dressing in layers keeps you warm and adjusts to changing temperatures. The first layer should fit well to make it breathable. The second layer should be more of an insulator, and the outer layer needs to be more waterproof.
- Are you hydrated? Remember that anyone working against dehydration has trouble staying warm.
- Cover your ears, face, and fingers, especially when the weather reaches low temperatures.
- Choose headwear to keep your head and ears warm.
- Proper socks, gloves, and shoes are essential.
- Wear footwear, such as hiker shoes. They have treads and patterns on their soles, allowing a firm grip.
Want to learn more about safety measures in the winter season? Give us a call. Our experts will guide you with proper safety measures that must be practiced at your workplace.
Want To Learn More About Safety Precautions to Stay Safe in the Winter?
Call us at...
... or fill out the form below: